Transfer Credit Policy
Students transferring to TCU must present a record of all transfer work for evaluation
to the Office of Admission for approval by the appropriate academic dean prior to
their enrollment in the University. Transfer coursework not presented prior to enrollment
may not be counted toward a degree. TCU only reviews coursework from regionally accredited institutions.
After enrolling at TCU
- All students must receive prior written approval from the appropriate academic dean if they wish to take courses at another regionally accredited institution and have those courses count toward a degree at TCU. Coursework taken without prior approval may not be applied to a degree.
- To request approval to take courses at another institution, a student should log in to my.tcu.edu, click the Academic Records tile, scroll down to Transfer Credit and choose Transfer Credit Request to fill out and submit your request.
- Once a student is enrolled at TCU, no more than 4 courses up to 16 total semester hours, except those earned in an approved study abroad program, may be transferred from other schools.
Transcripts for approved transfer credit should be sent to the Registrar’s Office, TCU Box 297004, Fort Worth, TX 76129.
If a student wishes to deliver his/her transcript in person, the transcript must be in a sealed and signed envelope from the institution.
Transcripts may be sent electronically from another institution by sending them to email@example.com.
Transfer students may consult the Transferology to find equivalent courses that have transferred to TCU. Create a free account and enter courses to see what transfers to TCU. The Transferology Instructional Video will show you how to create an account and use Transferology.
Transfer Credit Request
After students enroll in TCU, all courses taken outside of TCU must have prior approval by submitting a transfer credit request.
After you log into my.tcu.edu, click on the Academic Records tile, scroll down to Transfer Credit and click on the drop-down arrow, choose Request Transfer Credit from the options.
- Select the term you wish to take the course(s) you wish to take, enter how many total hours you anticipate taking, answer if this will interrupt taking your last 30 hours at TCU, and if you will be concurrently enrolled at TCU while taking this class.
- Carefully read the instructions and guidelines from your college, then click on the “I agree to the terms above” button.
- Indicate the course requirements for which you are attempting to receive credit.
- Click on the “Click Here to Select Your Transfer School” button. You can then search for your school by name, state or city.
- Enter the information requested in the highlighted fields and click the “Submit Course for Approval” button.